What is the M.A.B.C. ?
The Maine Association of Basketball Coaches (MABC) is a voluntary, non-profit organization. The objectives of this body include:
• To promote pure and healthy amateur interscholastic basketball in the schools of Maine.
• To promote a balanced relationship between principals and coaches in their respective schools concerning the administration of the game of basketball.
• To help maintain the highest possible standards in interscholastic basketball and the basketball coaching profession and to work together for the improvement of conditions in Maine basketball.
• To promote good fellowship and social contacts among coaches.
• To honor and recognize players and coaches for their achievements and accomplishments in Maine high school basketball.
• To honor and recognize other people outside the organization who promote and / or contribute to Maine basketball.
Along with its many other activities, the association represents the Maine high school basketball coaches at all meetings of the Maine Principals Association's Basketball Committee, represents the Maine high school basketball coaches at the Maine Basketball Commission meetings, sponsors an annual Fall basketball clinic, publishes a biannual newsletter, and along with McDonalds, sponsors the East-West Senior All-Star weekend and presents the annual Mr. and Ms. Maine basketball awards.
How to join the association:
• The Maine high school basketball coaches association holds a membership drive beginning September 1st of each year.
• The membership drive lasts until December 31st of that year.
• Applications for membership are mailed each spring to all boys and girls coaches throughout the state and are also available on-line ( www.mabc1.org ) under forms.
• Annual memberships are $30. per varsity coach or $60. per staff (up to six coaches) gender specific. *Early bird memberships will be taken beginning after the McDonald's All-Star weekend up through August 31st for $20 per varsity coach. *
• Memberships are active for the current season up through August 31st of each year.
• No membership will be accepted after January 1st until September 1st .
Some of the many benefits available to M.A.B.C. members include:
• Unlimited access to the M.A.B.C. website ( www.mabc1.org )
• Biannual newsletter
• Reduced registration fee to the annual fall clinic
• Eligible for coaching and team awards
• Nominate your players for academic All-State
• Nominate your players for the McDonald's Senior All-Star Game
• Vote for McDonald's Senior all-stars
• Nominate players for Mr. and Ms. Maine Basketball
• Become more professional by joining your professional association
• Representation at the MPA Committee meetings
• Representation at the Maine Basketball Commission meetings
• Many more benefits